1. Care more about you and your money than anyone who doesn’t share your last name.
2. Proactively adopt and implement a Fiduciary Standard in relation to you, your family, your assets, your financial future.
3. Ask questions to understand your needs and objectives.
4. Help you determine where you are at present.
5. Guide you to think about areas of your financial life you may not have considered.
6. Help organize your financial situation.
7. Formalize your goals and put them in writing for you.
8. Help you prioritize your financial opportunities.
9. Help you determine realistic goals.
10. Study possible alternatives that could meet your goals.
11. Make specific recommendations to help you meet your goals.
12. Implement those recommendations.
13. Suggest creative alternatives that you may not have considered.
16. Assist you in devising a plan to protect your assets from being depleted by a judgement resulting from a frivolous lawsuit.
17. Perform a detailed analysis and recommend when to start taking Social Security benefits.
18. Address how much retirement income you can take from your investments without running out of money during your lifetime.
20. Review your children‘s custodial accounts and 529 education savings plans.
21. Help you determine your IRA Required Minimum Distributions.
22. Partner with you to do the things you know you ought to do, even if you don’t feel like doing them.Investments
23. Prepare an asset allocation for you so you can achieve the best rate of return for a given level of risk tolerance.
24. Carry out due diligence on money managers and mutual fund managers to make appropriate recommendations.
25. Stay up to date on changes in the investment world.
27. Review your existing annuities and similar deferred accounts.
28. Review your investments in your company 401(k) or 403(b) plans.
30. Review and revise portfolios as conditions change.
31. Guide you through difficult periods in the stock market by sharing historical perspective.
33. Look “inside” your mutual funds to compare how many of their holdings duplicate each other.
34. Convert your investments to lifetime income.
35. Help you evaluate the differences in risk levels between various fixed-income investments such as government bonds and corporate bonds.
36. Help handle exchanges, tenders, and special stock dividends.
37. Help facilitate holding and warehousing mutual funds, stocks, bonds, and other securities.
38. Record your cost basis on securities.
41. Determine the risk level of your existing portfolio.
42. Help you consolidate and simplify your investments.
43. Provide you with alternative investment options.
44. Show you how to access your statements and other information online.
45. Provide access to low cost institutional mutual fund shares.
46. Help you make the most of your 401(k), 403(b), 457, or other retirement plan.
47. When to buy, when to hold, when to sell? By following tried-and true asset allocation processes, guided by the Nobel-Prize winning Modern Portfolio Theory, we can help guide you to the proper allocation of your financial assets throughout our time together.
48. By doing extensive research in the available financial assets (mutual funds, ETFs, stocks, bonds, etc.) we help you choose the appropriate assets for each class in your portfolio.
49. We help you reduce your costs (thus, allowing you to keep more of your growth in asset value) from transactions and ongoing expenses. By utilizing no-load, low-expense-ratio mutual funds, we “disappear” the commissions and high internal “operating expenses” you would, otherwise, be paying. By analyzing expense ratios, we can often cut your potential exposure to these insidious (and, most often, hidden costs) by 40-80%…these savings go into your pocket.
50. Help you reduce the potential impact of falling markets by integrating your risk tolerance, time frame and goals/objectives into a properly diversified portfolio across appropriate asset classes.
51. When investment opportunities arise, KFG is already alert to the potential “fit” into your portfolio, following your stated risk tolerance, your goals.Real Estate Investments
52. Our 40 years of real estate experience means we understand even the most complex real estate investments.
53. Can evaluate your existing returns on equity, capitalization rates, and IRR’s.
54. Help you decide when refinancing is in your best interest.
55. Walk you through the complexities of a 1031 tax deferred exchange.
56. Help you complete a 721-tax deferred exchange into an UPREIT when your situation warrants it.
57. Can refer you to a network of real estate professionals.
58. Understand the mechanics of valuating real estate and business opportunities.
59. We are specialists in understanding condemnation proceedings.
60. Are licensed to appraise any type of real estate for the federal government and institutions.
61. Understand how to apply asset protection techniques and strategies to real estate.
62. Can lower your risk of judgements attaching to your real estate investments from an unrelated and frivolous lawsuit.Taxes
64. Review your tax returns with an eye to possible savings in the future.
65. Stay up to date on tax law changes.
66. Helpsyou reduce your taxes during working years.
67. Reposition investments to take full advantage of tax law provisions.
68. Understand the differences between various entities like S or C corporations, LLCs, FLPs, land trusts, and asset protection trusts.
69. Work with your tax and legal advisors to help you meet your financial goals. Person to Person
70. Monitor changes in your life and family situation.
71. Proactively keep in touch with you.
72. Remain only a telephone call away to answer financial questions for you.
73. Serve as a human glossary of financial terms such as Modern Portfolio Theory, asset allocation, FLPs, P/E ratio, and asset class diversification.
74. Make sure that this firm provides excellent service always.
75. Provide referrals to other professionals, such as accountants and attorneys.
76. Refer you to banking establishments for loan and trust alternatives.
77. Suggest alternatives to increase your income during retirement.
78. Listen and provides feedback in a way that a magazine or newsletter writer does not.
79. Share the experience of dozens of our clients (maintaining absolute confidentiality) who have faced circumstances similar to yours.
80. Help educate your children and grandchildren about investments and financial concepts.
81. Distribute blog posts that discuss significant and/or new financial concepts.
82. Help with the continuity of your family’s financial plan through generations.
83. Facilitate the transfer of investments from individual names to trust, or from an owner through to beneficiaries.
84. Keep you on track.
85. Identify your savings shortfalls.
86. Develop and monitor a strategy for debt reduction.
87. Educatesyou on retirement issues.
88. Educate you on estate planning issues.
89. Educate you on college savings and financial aid options.
90. Are advisors you can trust and get advice from in all your financial matters.
91. Provide a wise sounding board for ideas you are considering.
92. Are honest with you, always.
93. Consider ourselves as a member of your “extended family”, a steward for the financial success of you and your family.
94. Help bring you Peace of Mind by providing you a professional with whom to communicate – rather than casting about alone. KFG provides valuable reassurance during troubled times.
95. When a “change of direction” in your portfolio is indicated, KFG proactively recommends those changes. Without this objective intercession, would you have initiated these critical changes?
96. Provide you with an emotional firewall between you and the often-alarming media. You receive objective financial planning and investment advice, devoid of the frenzied stimuli of those not personally devoted to your long-term financial welfare.
97. Bring to your “table” extensive expertise, education and real-life experience, having worked with a wide array of clients with different objectives, risk tolerances, risk capacities and cash-flow needs. This depth brings to you an extreme “edge” over those who manage their own investments, make their own financial decisions from limited knowledge, or rely on sales/product-oriented brokers.
98. With educational and credentialed expertise in the top ¼% of advisors worldwide, KFG brings to the table sophisticated training, knowledge and skill to better help you save time, worry and money.
99. Coming under the oversight of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, which regularly audits the operation of the firm, you have some better expectation that Fiduciary Standards are being followed in KFG’s relationship with you. Your interests are better protected, you are treated fairly, openly, objectively.
100. During market corrections, KFG helps protect you against panic-inspired decisions…as well as irrationally optimistic expectations during bull market run-ups.
101. KFG can help you establish realistic investment objectives – and constantly remind (nudge!?) you toward these original goals and time horizons in both good and bad market periods.
102. Through one-on-one and group educational presentations, we can help you better appreciate how markets work, the value of diversification, dollar-cost averaging and many other financial concepts – both “old” and “evolving.”
103. Studies have shown that those who used financial professionals fare much, much better than those who either do it themselves or who use commission-driven brokerage services, which tend to “play up” to fear and greed in the roller-coaster emotional cycles in which investors often find themselves.
104. In that we follow the Certified Financial Planner Professional (CFP®) formal program of financial planning, we bring to you a disciplined approach toward achieving your most important financial and life goals.
105. Actively involved in our profession, our Certified Financial Planners collectively belong to the National Association of Personal Financial Planners (NAPFA), the Financial Planning Association, and the Financial Therapy Association.
106. Actively participate in continuing education programs required by the Certified Financial Planning Board of Standards. We follow the precepts of the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards as Certified Financial Planner Professionals.