1. Cares more about you and your money than anyone who doesn’t share your last name.
2. Proactively adopts and implements a Fiduciary Standard in relation to you, your family, your assets, your financial future.
3. Asks questions to understand your needs and objectives.
4. Helps you determine where you are at present.
5. Guides you to think about areas of your financial life you may not have considered.
6. Helps organize your financial situation.
7. Formalizes your goals and puts them in writing for you.
8. Helps you prioritize your financial opportunities.
9. Helps you determine realistic goals.
10. Studies possible alternatives that could meet your goals.
11. Makes specific recommendations to help you meet your goals.
12. Implements those recommendations.
13. Suggests creative alternatives that you may not have considered.
14. Reviews and recommends life and other insurance policies to protect your family.
15. Assists you in setting up a personal or company retirement plan.
16. Assists you in devising a plan to protect your assets from being depleted by a judgement resulting from a frivolous lawsuit.
17. Performs a detail analysis and recommends when to start taking Social Security benefits.
18. Addresses how much retirement income you can take from your investments without running of money during your lifetime.
19. Assists in preparing an estate plan for you.
20. Reviews your children‘s custodial accounts and 529 education savings plans.
21. Helps you determine your IRA Required Minimum Distributions.
22. Persuades you to do the things you know you ought to do, even if you don’t feel like doing them.Investments
23. Prepares an asset allocation for you so you can achieve the best rate of return for a given level of risk tolerance.
24. Does due diligence on money managers and mutual fund managers to make appropriate recommendations.
25. Stays up to date on changes in the investment world.
26. Monitors your investments.
27. Reviews your existing annuities and similar deferred accounts.
28. Reviews your investments in your company 401(k) or 403(b) plans.
29. Reviews your existing IRAs.
30. Reviews and revises portfolios as conditions change.
31. Guides you through difficult periods in the stock market by sharing historical perspective.
32. Improves your overall investment performance.
33. Looks “inside” your mutual funds to compare how many of their holdings duplicate each other.
34. Converts your investments to lifetime income.
35. Helps you evaluate the differences in risk levels between various fixed-income investments such as government bonds and corporate bonds.
36. Helps handle exchanges, tenders, and special stock dividends.
37. Helps facilitate holding and warehousing mutual funds, stocks, bonds, and other securities.
38. Records your cost basis on securities.
39. Provides you with unbiased investment research.
40. Provides you with personal investment analysis.
41. Determines the risk level of your existing portfolio.
42. Helps you consolidate and simplify your investments.
43. Provides you with alternative investment options.
44. Shows you how to access your statements and other information online.
45. Provides access to low cost institutional mutual fund shares.
46. With 401k, 403b and 457 plans becoming more critical to our future financial viability, KFG can help you make appropriate, risktolerant decisions about which blend of investments in your 401k/403b/457 plan(s) might be appropriate for all your life stages.
47. When to buy, when to hold, when to sell? By following tried-andtrue asset allocation processes, guided by the Nobel-Prize winning Modern Portfolio Theory, we can help guide you to the proper allocation of your financial assets throughout our time together.
48. By doing extensive research in the available financial assets (mutual funds, ETFs, stocks, bonds, etc.) we help you choose the appropriate assets for each class in your portfolio.
49. We help you reduce your costs (thus, allowing you to keep more of your growth in asset value) from transactions and ongoing expenses. By utilizing no-load, low-expense-ratio mutual funds, we “disappear” the commissions and high internal “operating expenses” you would, otherwise, be paying. By analyzing expense ratios, we can often cut your potential exposure to these insidious (and, most often, hidden costs) by 40-80%…these savings go into your pocket.
50. Helps you reduce the potential impact of falling markets by integrating your risk tolerance, time frame and goals/objectives into a properly diversified portfolio across appropriate asset classes.
51. When investment opportunities arise, KFG is already alert to the potential “fit” into your portfolio, following your stated risk tolerance, your goals.Real Estate Investments
52. Our 40 years of real estate experience means we understand even the most complex real estate investments.
53. Can evaluate your existing returns on equity, capitalization rates, and IRR’s.
54. Help you decide when refinancing is in your best interest.
55. Walk you through the complexities of a 1031 tax deferred exchange.
56. Help you complete a 721-tax deferred exchange into an UPREIT when your situation warrants it.
57. Can refer you to a network of real estate professionals.
58. Understand the mechanics of valuating real estate and business opportunities.
59. Specialists in understanding condemnation proceedings.
60. Are licensed to appraise any type of real estate for the federal government and institutions.
61. Understand how to apply asset protection techniques and strategies to real estate.
62. Can lower your risk of judgements attaching to your real estate investments from an unrelated and frivolous law suit.Taxes
64. Reviews your tax returns with an eye to possible savings in the future.
65. Stays up to date on tax law changes.
66. Helps you reduce your taxes during working years.
67. Repositions investments to take full advantage of tax law provisions.
68. Understands the differences between various entities like S or C corporations, LLCs, FLPs, land trusts, and asset protection trusts.
69. Works with your tax and legal advisors to help you meet your financial goals. Person to Person
70. Monitors changes in your life and family situation.
71. Proactively keeps in touch with you.
72. Remains only a telephone call away to answer financial questions for you.
73. Serves as a human glossary of financial terms such as Modern Portfolio Theory, asset allocation, FLPs, P/E ratio, and asset class diversification.
74. Makes sure that this firm provides excellent service always.
75. Provides referrals to other professionals, such as accountants and attorneys.
76. Refers you to banking establishments for loan and trust alternatives.
77. Suggests alternatives to increase your income during retirement.
78. Listens and provides feedback in a way that a magazine or newsletter writer does not.
79. Shares the experience of dozens of our clients (maintaining absolute confidentiality) who have faced circumstances similar to yours.
80. Helps educate your children and grandchildren about investments and financial concepts.
81. Distributes blog posts that discuss significant and/or new financial concepts.
82. Helps with the continuity of your family’s financial plan through generations.
83. Facilitates the transfer of investments from individual names to trust, or from an owner through to beneficiaries.
84. Keeps you on track.
85. Identifies your savings shortfalls.
86. Develops and monitors a strategy for debt reduction.
87. Educates you on retirement issues.
88. Educates you on estate planning issues.
89. Educates you on college savings and financial aid options.
90. Is someone you can trust and get advice from in all your financial matters.
91. Is a wise sounding board for ideas you are considering.
92. Is honest with you, always.
93. Considers himself a member of your “extended family”, a steward for the financial success of you and your family.
94. Helps bring you Peace of Mind by providing you a professional with whom to communicate – rather than casting about alone. KFG provides valuable reassurance during troubled times.
95. When a “change of direction” in your portfolio is indicated, KFG proactively recommends those changes. Without this objective intercession, would you have initiated these critical changes?
96. Provides you with an emotional firewall between you and the often-alarming media. You receive objective financial planning and investment advice, devoid of the frenzied stimuli of those not personally devoted to your long-term financial welfare.
97. Brings to your “table” extensive expertise, education and real-life experience, having worked with a wide array of clients with different objectives, risk tolerances, risk capacities and cash-flow needs. This depth brings to you an extreme “edge” over those who manage their own investments, make their own financial decisions from limited knowledge, or rely on sales/product-oriented brokers.
98. With educational and credentialed expertise in the top ¼% of advisors worldwide, KFG brings to the table sophisticated training, knowledge and skill to better help you save time, worry and money.
99. Coming under the oversight of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, which regularly audits the operation of the firm, you have some better expectation that Fiduciary Standards are being followed in KFG’s relationship with you. Your interests are better protected, you are treated fairly, openly, objectively.
100. During market corrections, KFG helps protect you against panic-inspired decisions…as well as irrationally optimistic expectations during bull market run-ups.
101. KFG can help you establish realistic investment objectives – and constantly remind (nudge!?) you toward these original goals and time horizons in both good and bad market periods.
102. Through one-on-one and group educational presentations, we can help you better appreciate how markets work, the value of diversification, dollar-cost averaging and many other financial concepts – both “old” and “evolving.”
103. Studies have shown that those who used financial professionals fare much, much better than those who either do it themselves or who use commission-driven brokerage services, which tend to “play up” to fear and greed in the roller-coaster emotional cycles in which investors often find themselves.
104. In that we follow the Certified Financial Planner Professional (CFP®) formal program of financial planning, we bring to you a disciplined approach toward achieving your most important financial and life goals.
105. Actively involved in our profession, our Certified Financial Planners collectively belong to the National Association of Personal Financial Planners (NAPFA), the Financial Planning Association, and the Financial Therapy Association.
106. Actively participate in continuing education programs required by the Certified Financial Planning Board of Standards. We follow the precepts of the Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards as Certified Financial Planner Professionals.