Your career is not a job, it's an important financial asset. Your career is also something that you spend the majority of your waking hours engaged in, so if your career is doing something you love, you have the best of all worlds.
We are the premier financial planning firm in the Northern Great Plains and Northern Rocky Mountain region. Bloomberg Wealth Manager magazine named us the largest financial planning firm in our seven state area and BusinessWeek magazine named our founder, Rick Kahler, one of the 15 most experienced financial planners in the nation.
Our employees are as important as our clients, and we work to provide both with a collaborative atmosphere and learning environment. We value our employees and we take pride in recognizing and supporting their outstanding talents and efforts. We empower all employees to have an ownership mentality where each person has responsibility and control over decisions as they relate to the role they play within our company. We commit ourselves to the delivery of a superior quality of services based on a foundation of honesty, integrity and ethical treatment.
The core purpose of our company is to transform the financial and emotional well-being of people. This includes our clients and ourselves.
Deliberately Developmental Organization
At Kahler Financial Group, we strive to have a culture that values personal development in the same manner as we value professional development. As our core purpose includes transforming the financial and emotional well-being of our employees as well as our clients, we have embarked on becoming a DDO or a Deliberately Developmental Organization. A DDO is an integration of business excellence and the growth of employees into their best version of themselves. Check out our Deliberately Developmental Organization Page to learn more about it.
Tobacco Free Work Place
A tobacco-free environment helps create a safe and healthy workplace. Smoking and secondhand smoke are known to cause serious lung diseases, heart disease and cancer. Kahler Financial Group recognizes the hazards caused by tobacco use and exposure to secondhand tobacco smoke. Our policy to provide a tobacco-free environment for all employees and visitors was established to keep a safe and healthy workplace environment. Smoking of any tobacco product and the use of oral tobacco products, “spit" tobacco and e-cigarettes, is not permitted within the facilities or on the property of Kahler Financial Group.
Current Open Positions at KFG
We currently seek a Financial Planner with both analytical and relational skills to manage new and existing client relationships and perform financial planning tasks. We currently have a team/ensemble approach to financial planning, so all employees work with many of the same clients.
The primary skill we seek for this position is the ability to manage client relationships and develop financial plans. This includes a keen interest in relational skills, self development, and the analysis and application of financial data.
- • Work with clients in both a coaching and technical financial planning role
- • Demonstrate good social, communication and non-verbal listening skills
- • Developing meeting agendas and generating financial plans
- • Work collaboratively with team members
- • Confidently deliver advice to clients via conference call or face-to-face meetings
- • Structure advice and counseling around the big strategic financial picture
- • Maintain high ethical standards, confidentiality and professionalism at all time.
- • Has CFP®, CPA or JD.
- • Energized by social interaction, is an exquisite listener
- • Able to analyze technical data and devise sophisticated planning solutions
- • Has an “owner’s attitude”
- • Has a desire to become more aware, present, and conscious
- • Does not view themselves as above doing any task or accountability
- • Takes personal responsibility and keeps agreements
- • Has good time management skills
- • Strong conceptual skills, able to see the big picture
- • Has a high EQ and is passionate about personal development
- • Able to meet deadlines, a Meyers Briggs “J”
- • Eager to address their counter-transference issues around money
- • Willing to obtain a degree in counseling or become an ICF Master Coach
To see more information or to find out how to apply, click the link below.
Financial Planning Residency Program
We currently have an opening in our three-year Financial Planning Residency Program starting in June 2018. We seek a financial planner who wants to grow and learn the necessary skills to become an integrated financial planner. The Financial Planning Residents will leave our firm with the experience needed to join an established firm. The resident will acquire all the skills expected of other KFG associates.
The primary skill we seek for this position is the ability to manage client relationships and develop financial plans. This includes a keen interest in relational skills, self development, and the analysis and application of financial data. We have a team approach to financial planning, so all employees work with the same clients.
- •Work with clients in a technical, financial planning role
- •Demonstrate good social, communication and non-verbal listening skills
- •Developing meeting agendas, financial plans, and investment policy statements
- •Work collaboratively with team members in an ensemble practice
- •Confidently deliver advice to clients via conference call or face-to-face meetings
- •Learn to facilitate the resolution of financial behavioral problems
- •Structure advice and counseling around the big strategic financial picture
- •Prepare, coordinate and follow through on any needed communication clients
- •Maintain high ethical standards, confidentiality and professionalism at all times
- •Has CFP® designation or a BA or MS in financial planning and will sit for the CFP® examination within four months.
- •Able to analyze data and advanced Excel skills
- •Good intuitive thinking skills, practical, logical
- •Strong conceptual skills, able to see the big picture
- •Confident working with successful, high net worth clients
- •Strong interpersonal skills, passionate about financial coaching and counseling
- •Ability to think critically, identify and find solutions to client’s need
- •Able to meet deadlines and handle client requests without drama
- •Will address their counter-transference issues around money
- •Drawn to a Holacracy, a non-hierarchal organizational operating system
- •Embraces Non-Violent Communication, GTD, and self-development
- •An ability to quickly grasp and discuss complex planning issues
- •Has or willing to obtain a degree in counseling or become an ICF Master Coach
- •Has CFP® designation or a BA or MS in financial planning
To see more information or to find out how to apply, click the link below.
Waiting List For:
Administrative & Para-Planning Positions
We are currently developing a waiting list for part-time or full-time administrative roles that may come available from time to time. A sampling of these roles include operations, client service, para-planning, IT/social media, bookkeeping, securities trading, and investment advising. We are looking for associates who are both qualified for the open position and especially passionate about working in our DDO culture.
- •Drawn to a Holacracy, a non-hierarchal organizational operating system (See Video Below)
- •Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Management, Financial Planning, or IT, is preferred but will consider relevant experience in lieu of a degree
- •We value related work experience
- •Proficiency Microsoft Word, especially Excel and database applications
- •Ability to self-organize
- •Uses a personal management system. Our preferred system is GTD
- •Ability to take the initiative to identify gaps in operational process and implement new innovative solutions that are relevant to the industry
- •Excellent communication and people relationships skills, both in writing and person to person
- •Ability to work through complex operational situations and identify solutions
- •Embraces Non-Violent Communication and other personal self-development practices