Working at KFG
We are Hiring!
Position: Lead Financial Planner
Lead Financial Planner
Do you have an excitement for solving technical financial problems? An equally strong desire to connect emotionally with people and help them negotiate their relationship with money. A passion for self-development? How about a bit of an entrepreneurial spirit?
If so, consider joining Kahler Financial Group, and principal Rick Kahler, a company recognized for its thought leadership in the financial planning and the financial therapy profession. We are a Holacratic “purpose driven company” that encourages a culture of transparency, self-development, and self-organization. Our purpose is to transform the financial and emotional well-being of people, and we start with ourselves.
We currently seek a Lead Financial Planner with strong analytical skills to perform financial planning and a passion for the client relationship. We prefer a candidate with 5 years or more of experience doing client-centered comprehensive financial planning. It is also preferable to have completed a 12+ month course of training in some area of coaching, financial therapy or financial life planning.
We have a team/ensemble approach to financial planning, so all employees work with many of the same clients. Our specialties are comprehensive financial planning, financial therapy, asset protection strategies, real estate, and business planning. Our average client is a high-net-worth business owner, professional, or retiree. Our clients are located through the US and we meet virtually with about half of them.
The primary skill we seek for this position is the ability to develop complex financial plans and demonstrate deep listening skills. This includes a keen interest and love for the analysis of financial data and a passion to develop the interior skills needed to successfully facilitate clients toward financial and emotional wellbeing.
- Work with HNW clients in both a technical and emotional financial planning role
- Demonstrate good social, communication and non-verbal listening skills
- Develop meeting agendas and generating detailed financial plans
- Work collaboratively with team members
- Confidently deliver advice to clients via conference calls, online meetings, or face-to-face meetings
- Structure financial advice around the client’s strategic financial and emotional situation
- Maintain high ethical standards, confidentiality and professionalism at all times
- Energized by the analysis of technical data and devising sophisticated planning solutions
- Has a space at home for an office, free from interruptions
- Will commit to a course of study to acquire deep-listening, client-facing skills
- Strong analytical skills, able to see the big picture and apply critical thinking
- Has a desire to become more aware, present, and conscious
- Has good self-management skills and uses the GTD system
- Is open to applying the principles of Non-violent Communication in the workplace
- Able to meet deadlines, a Meyers Briggs “J”
- Is attracted to a Holacratic purpose-driven company using a self-organizing governance structure
- Has an “owner’s attitude”
- Is a quick learner
- Does not view themselves as above doing any task or accountability
- Takes personal responsibility and keeps agreements
- Holds the CFP® Designation
- Has 5-10 years’ experience as a financial planner
- Has an undergraduate degree or graduate degree in financial planning or a related field
- We will consider a virtual relationship for this position, however living in Rapid City is preferred
- Flexible work schedules (we fully support working parents and work-life balance)
- Part Time/Full Time negotiable based on candidate availability/capability
- 401K Plan and profit-sharing plan
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Technology, personal development, fitness, and education allowances
- Paid membership fees for industry associations
- Virtual infrastructure to accommodate remote/telework
- Potential equity for candidates who bring an existing book of clients
We are accepting applications for a telework/remote position; however, we will give first preference to any candidates willing to move to Rapid City. Send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In your cover letter please tell us: What attracts you to Kahler Financial Group?
- What would you bring to Kahler Financial Group?
- What do you need most from Kahler Financial Group?
- If willing to relocate, what would attract you to Rapid City other than working at KFG?
We are an equal opportunity employer. Selected candidate may be required to pass a drug test and background check and will be asked to complete multiple personality and/or competency tests. Our interview process is extensive.
Working at Kahler Financial Group
The primary skill we seek for any position with KFG is the felt sense of being called to the financial planning profession, the technical knowledge and curiosity needed to develop financial plans, a keen interest in relational skills, and a commitment to self-development. We have a team approach to financial planning, so all employees work with the same clients.
Our employees are as important as our clients, and we work to provide both with a collaborative atmosphere and learning environment. We value our employees and we take pride in recognizing and supporting their outstanding talents and efforts. We empower our employees through a unique governance structure – a Holacracy – where each person has responsibility and control over decisions as they relate to the role they play within our company. We commit ourselves to the delivery of superior quality of services based on a foundation of honesty, integrity, and ethical treatment.
The core purpose of our company is to transform the financial and emotional well-being of people. This includes our clients and ourselves.
What is Holacracy?
Deliberately Developmental Organization
At Kahler Financial Group, we strive to have a culture that values personal development in the same manner as we value professional development.
As our core purpose includes transforming the financial and emotional well-being of our employees as well as our clients, we have embarked on becoming a DDO or a Deliberately Developmental Organization.
A DDO is an integration of business excellence and the growth of employees into their best version of themselves. Check out our Deliberately Developmental Organization page to learn more about it.
KFG is a Tobacco Free Work Place
A tobacco-free environment helps create a safe and healthy workplace. Smoking and secondhand smoke are known to cause serious lung diseases, heart disease and cancer. Kahler Financial Group recognizes the hazards caused by tobacco use and exposure to secondhand tobacco smoke. Our policy to provide a tobacco-free environment for all employees and visitors was established to keep a safe and healthy workplace environment. Smoking of any tobacco product and the use of oral tobacco products, “spit” tobacco and e-cigarettes, is not permitted within the facilities or on the property of Kahler Financial Group.