The primary skill we seek for any position with KFG is the felt sense of being called to the financial planning profession, the technical knowledge and curiosity needed to develop financial plans, a keen interest in relational skills, and a commitment self-development. We have a team approach to financial planning, so all employees work with the same clients.
We are a growing 35-year-old, fee-only integrated financial planning firm. We offer a unique team-oriented culture that offers a high level of freedom and responsibility. We have a reputation for excellence, established clients and the experience to help you reach your personal and career goals. Our company has 100 clients located throughout the US. Our founder, Rick Kahler, is a noted speaker, author, and columnist on financial planning and financial therapy.
Our employees are as important as our clients, and we work to provide both with a collaborative atmosphere and learning environment. We value our employees and we take pride in recognizing and supporting their outstanding talents and efforts. We empower our employees through a unique governance structure (Holacracy) where each person has responsibility and control over decisions as they relate to the role they play within our company. We commit ourselves to the delivery of a superior quality of services based on a foundation of honesty, integrity and ethical treatment.
The core purpose of our company is to transform the financial and emotional well-being of people. This includes our clients and ourselves.
Our core values are authenticity, unbiased advocacy, well-being, and continuous improvement. We put our values into action by:
- •Putting clients’ first
- •Guiding people to reach a destination in an unfamiliar area
- •Giving sound advice and creative solutions
- •Constantly educating ourselves
- •Personally practicing what we preach
- •Taking clients only where we have gone ourselves
- •Being serial innovators
- •Taking personal responsibility for our actions and contributions
Deliberately Developmental Organization
At Kahler Financial Group, we strive to have a culture that values personal development in the same manner as we value professional development. As our core purpose includes transforming the financial and emotional well-being of our employees as well as our clients, we have embarked on becoming a DDO or a Deliberately Developmental Organization. A DDO is an integration of business excellence and the growth of employees into their best version of themselves. Check out our Deliberately Developmental Organization Page to learn more about it.
Tobacco Free Work Place
A tobacco-free environment helps create a safe and healthy workplace. Smoking and secondhand smoke are known to cause serious lung diseases, heart disease and cancer. Kahler Financial Group recognizes the hazards caused by tobacco use and exposure to secondhand tobacco smoke. Our policy to provide a tobacco-free environment for all employees and visitors was established to keep a safe and healthy workplace environment. Smoking of any tobacco product and the use of oral tobacco products, “spit" tobacco and e-cigarettes, is not permitted within the facilities or on the property of Kahler Financial Group.
What is Holacracy?
Accepting Applications for Future Vacancies:
Financial Planner with strong analytical skills to perform financial planning tasks for our clients. We currently have a team/ensemble approach to financial planning, so all employees work with many of the same clients.
Our specialties are comprehensive wealth management, financial therapy, asset protection strategies, real estate, and business planning. Our average client is a high net worth business owner, professional, or retiree. Our clients are spread throughout the US.
The primary skill we seek for this type of position is the ability to develop complex financial plans. This includes a keen interest and love for the analysis and application of financial data.
- Work with High Net Worth clients in a technical financial planning role
- Demonstrate exceptional social, communication and non-verbal listening skills
- Develop meeting agendas and generate detailed financial plans
- Work collaboratively with team members
- Confidently deliver advice to clients via conference call or face-to-face meetings
- Structure financial advice around the client’s strategic financial picture
- Maintain high ethical standards, confidentiality and professionalism at all times
- Energized by the analysis of technical data and devising sophisticated planning solutions
- Has an “owner’s attitude”
- Is a quick learner
- Has a desire to become more aware, present, and conscious
- Does not view themselves as above doing any task or accountability
- Takes personal responsibility and keeps agreements
- Has good self-management skills and uses the “Getting Things Done” system
- Possesses strong analytical skills and is able to see the big picture and apply critical thinking
- Is open to applying the principles of Non-violent Communication in the workplace
- Able to meet deadlines, (Often demonstrated as a Meyers Briggs “J”)
- Is a fully licensed CFP®
- Has a minimum of 5 years prior work experience as a financial planner
- Has received either a Bachelor’s degree or master’s degree in financial planning or a related field
- We will consider a virtual relationship
- Incentive based gross revenue bonus program
- 401K Plan and profit sharing plan
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Flexible work schedules
- Technology and fitness allowances
- Education allowance
- Paid membership fees for industry associations
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
In your cover letter please tell us:
- What attracts you to Kahler Financial Group?
- What you would bring to Kahler Financial Group?
- What do you need most from Kahler Financial Group?
- What salary range you expect to receive?
- What would attract you to Rapid City other than working at KFG?
We are an equal opportunity employer. Selected candidate may be required to pass a drug test and background check and may be asked to complete personality and/or competency tests.