I’ll guess KFG clients may get weary at times with our continual reminders that we need a copy of your most recent tax return. Some of you may even wonder why we need it. Here is what we are doing when we receive your return:
- We verify and/or collect information such as social security numbers, your children’s names and social security numbers, addresses, your accountant’s information, etc.
- We want to make sure you are deducting our fees, if you can.
- We determine your taxable situation so we know if you can use gains or losses.
- In providing you with an annual retirement/cashflow plan, we collect or verify income sources and amounts, verify or discover assets that we may not have known about, etc.
- We have at times found errors on the returns, just because we know a lot about our clients’ financial situations.
If you haven’t sent us your 2007 tax return, please do so. You can mail us a copy, scan a copy and email it to us, or drop the original by the office and we will scan it and return it to you within minutes.