106 Things We Do For Clients, No. 56

by | Dec 20, 2017 | *Financial Awakenings, Fee Only Financial Planning

No. 56 of 106 Things We Do For Clients

Help you complete a 721 tax-deferred exchange into an umbrella partnership real estate investment trust (UPREIT).

This is often useful when a 1031 exchange doesn’t fit your situation because you don’t want to directly own another property and you still would like to defer paying the capital gains tax. With a 721 tax-deferred exchange, you end up owning an interest in a professionally managed real estate investment trust that usually owns scores or hundreds of properties, all the while deferring the capital gains tax. We will evaluate whether a 721 tax-deferred exchange will work for you and will help you negotiate the complexities.

Print Friendly, PDF & Email