Hosted by Seth Greene
November 15, 2023
Rick Kahler, MS, CFP®, CFT-I™, CeFT®, CIFSP, is a pioneer in integrating financial planning and psychology. Rick is a co-founder of financial therapy and a founding board member and Past-Chair of the Financial Therapy Association. In 2021 he also founded IFS Informed Financial Therapy™. He is a Certified Financial Therapist-Level I (CFT-I™) and a Certified Internal Family SystemsSM Practitioner. His work is featured or cited in scores of national and international periodicals, books, and broadcasts. He is in his 32nd year of writing a weekly column on personal finance that appears in several print and digital publications. a co-author and contributor to seven books on blending financial planning and therapy, and the producer of the Financial Therapy Podcast – It’s not just about the money.
Listen to this insightful RIA episode with Rick Kahler about financial therapy.
Here is what to expect on this week’s show:
– How incorporating the emotional side of money in financial planning addresses both the financial and emotional aspects of a client’s situation.
– Why 80% to 100% of financial decisions are made emotionally.
– How financial therapy helps its clients identify and resolve emotional blocks that may be hindering their financial progress.
– Why it’s important to understand the underlying emotions affecting financial decisions.
– How financial therapy addresses emotional issues and helps clients overcome areas where they feel stuck.