- All Americans will now receive affordable, or free, quality health care.
- No one will ever be denied coverage.
- No one will ever go into bankruptcy because of the costs of health care.
- There will be increased access to health care for 95% of Americans.
- There will be no decline in the quality of health care.
- Health care costs will go down.
- Health insurance coverage will be affordable to the middle class.
- If you currently have health insurance there will be no change in your benefits.
- There will be no decline in Medicare benefits.
- Insurance premiums will decline for the middle class.
- It will unleash unprecedented entrepreneurial opportunity and stabilize the economy.
- The deficit will decline, saving taxpayers $1.3 trillion.
- It will cut $500 billion of waste, fraud, and abuse out of Medicare.
- No government funds will be used to fund abortion.
The trade off for these benefits is a tax increase of $562 billion over 10 years, including a Medicare tax on dividends, rents, interest and investment income of 3.8% on individuals and small business earning over $250,000. The bill will mandate all Americans and business buy health insurance.
Save this post and re-read it on election day. If the majority of these points have come to pass, I suspect Democrats will strengthen their majorities in both the House and the Senate for many years to come.